Helpful and Easy Roofing Tips
1. Keep your safety in mind. Worrying to attempt and look for a leak as soon as it take place is something that can place you in the hospital. Intruding on a roof while raindrops are falling or if it is covered with snow or ice is not the best way in finding a leak. Trying to fix it for a while can be pretty dangerous. If you want to do this right, keep in mind that this can’t be fixed right away. be sure to wait patiently and carefully for the Mother Nature to give its green light to you.
2. Take necessary precaution. Take into account that while you are on the roof, you will be placed in a not so comfortable or safe positions. As a result, it is highly recommended that you wear rubber sole shoes in order to prevent slipping. In addition, take advantage of a harness and always work with another person.
3. Put some spray on the roof. So as to make sure that you will not have a hard time of finding the leak, get a garden hose and spray it in different area of the roof. But then again, just wait until winter season is done because it is not very safe for you to spray water all over the roof while it is still freezing out.
4. Make the gutters clean. One of the most typical places and causes of roof leaks are gutters that are clogged. Water will certainly build up on your roof during rainy days if you fail to clean the gutters.
5. Avoid dry rot. The dry rot is not associated to any types of water destructions, but can be linked to lack of ventilation. If the repair must be done on the certain portion of the roof then most likely this is due to the decline in quality of the plywood. The roof will actually wilt and cause the roof to shingle as well as be brittle, crack, and eventually leak. So as for dry rot not to take place, make sure to have a ridge vent installed together with a soffit vent. You must create holes by utilizing soffit vents so as for the cool air to go in and stay at the bottom pushing the hot air up and out.
6. Prevent the buildup of ice. During the winter seasons, the ice has no difficulty in building up in the gutters, shingles and under the roof membrane. For this reason, it is very important that you have a great ventilation.
Suggested Post: explanation